AS07B31
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AS07B31

AS07B31

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Wireless bluetooth GPS Receiver Review.

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin

Wireless bluetooth GPS Receiver Review. Empty
PostSubject: Wireless bluetooth GPS Receiver Review.   Wireless bluetooth GPS Receiver Review. I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 21, 2011 2:28 pm

That is a tiny bluetooth GPS receiver that i bought from Mobile Excitement Ltd, I bought this to plug to my O2 XDA 2i PDA and it also cost around £ 50. I was intially shopping on google for cheap GPS receivers and this also came up as the most affordable. I thought at that price are going to a catch, and this catch usually being bad performance, but I was pleased! This thing really does work, and works well!
After searching for initial reviews within this device I put together very little other versus reviews from Mobile Fun Ltd, which I was shy to trust for concern with them being somewhat biased. When i thought for £ 40 I'll create a chance and so got it, all credit to Mobile phone Fun the receiver arrived additionally, firm abs next morning. Upon opening the box I was a bit disappointed, all the there was by using instructions was a tiny sheet of paper that had been loosely translated from Japanese to English by way of dyslexic toddler. You can download anyone manual from here along with the Tomtom pairing manual through here. After following these instructions you may have it set up immediately. Another thing I noticed was that there are no manufaturer's name or marks anywhere within the device or the the labels, which makes searching for support quite difficult.
A nice touch this particular little device is it's supplied with a battery power that is common to many Nokia phones (3. 7V 850mAh Li-polymer power supply, BL-5C), a quick search on ebay means you can get replacement batteries for these receivers relating to £ 4 which is good to recognise should you need 1.
What's In The Common box?
Bluetooth GPS Receiver x1 12v For Car Adapter (USB) x1 Essential Instructions x1 Battery x1 UNIVERSAL SERIAL BUS Charging Cable x1
Setting up
Provided you follow a limited instructions for pairing with all your device, and the Tomtom put in place instructions, you should be all set in less than 5 units. I have only billed the receiver once since i bought it about a couple of months ago, the battery just usually last forever! The supplied in motor vehicle charger and USB cable shows that the receiver can be charged moving home from a 12v source and will also be charged from any COMPUTER SYSTEM or laptop. From cold initial the receiver aquires some sort of usuable GPS signal exremely immediately, quicker than most for the really expensive GPS receivers that I've are exposed to. The device is extremely small which enables it to easily fit into any space in the car, or even your pocket for anyone who is using it for walking or cycling.
One small problem Used to do have is that whenever using it with my XDA 2i your Tomtom software would frequently freeze and cause me to give up the car, reboot the phone, then carry relating to my journey. At first I thought this was a result of the XDA losing its experience of the bluetooth receiver so because of this confirming my fears about the expense of this product. It quickly became clear that this was false and it was actually an issue with my PDA as well as Tomtom software.
I quickly discovered a workaround due to this issue between the Tomtom software package and my XDA that allows the whole system to your workplace flawlessly. I shall write a 'how to' within this workaround shortly as I believe many other XDA 2i users share the equivalent problem.
I do know that there are a known issue whenever using any bluetooth GPS receivers using the O2 XDA 2 (note not XDA 2i) a result of the bluetooth stack settings that will be shipped with the cellular, please be aware of your before buying this device when sure to encounter difficulties.
Key Features
Compatible having TomTom, Navicore, and all major GPS software applications. 12 parallel satellite-tracking programmes for fast acquisition plus reacquisition. Provides superior nav performance in city conditions. Built-in rechargeable Lithium-polymer battery provides in excess of 10 hours of continuous use. Unit can be charged while using the included car charger while still available. Mini-USB charger compatiblty, charge besides the Bluetooth GPS Receiver but compatible PDAs & Smart Phones while using the same charger. 3 colours Concluded in show the status of Bluetooth/GPS/Power activities in this device.
Specifications
GPS phone: L1, C/A code, 12 programmes Tracking sensitivity: – 152dBm (average) or maybe better Acquisition sensitivity: – 139dBm (average) or maybe betterTTFF (Time to Primary Fix): Cold Start: 50s (average) or 60s (95% possibility) Comfy Start: 35s (average) or 40s (95% possibility) Sizzling Start: 2s (minimum) or 6s (95% possibility) Location accuracy: Standard Positioning Services (SPS), WAAS (optional) 2DRMS: approx. 5m Measurement data production: Update time: 1 minute NMEA output protocol: /. 3. 01 Baud pace: 38400 bps (8-N-1) Datum: WGS-84 Form: GGA, GSA, GSV, RMC Electric power consumption: 75mA (average) Wireless bluetooth: Bluetooth version 1. 3 compliant Class 2 company (up to 10 metre range) Serial Dock Profile (SPP) Output incurable: Type B Mini-USB (TTL Level) Antenna Form: Built in Patch Antenna Power: 3. 7V 850mAh Li-polymer power supply, built-in charger LED: Electric power (red), GPS (green), Wireless bluetooth (blue) Dimension: 64(L) times 39(W) x18. 5(H) mm Managing temperature: -20° C ~ +60° G Storage temperature: -20° G ~ +60° C; Power supply: -20° C ~ +45° G
Conclusion
A great little product that performs well beyond its range of prices. Check if there is any known problems with your device and bluetooth GPS receivers before purchase as this could save you a lot of head pain. The only thing that lets the pills down is a reduction in documentation and online assist, other than this worthwhile the buy!
<! --StartFragment -->&nbsp; johnsreviews status: 8/10
Back to top Go down
https://as07b31.forumotion.com

Wireless bluetooth GPS Receiver Review.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
AS07B31 :: Your first category :: Your first forum-
Jump to: